Google has made a number of changes to it’s Search Engine algorithms recently and most notably some big changes are coming from early 2021 that will have a great effect on where your website shows in Google’s search rankings. This will be based around some new key elements of website loading speed:
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP): The time it takes before you can read what you want to read.
- First Input Delay (FID): How quick and useful the website is while loading.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS): How many times the position of website elements change when loading.
- Mobile-Friendly: Is your website responsive.
There’s also some security related changes it will be prioritising websites based around:
- Safe browsing: The page doesn’t contain malicious or deceptive content.
- HTTPS: The page is served over HTTPS
- No intrusive interstitial: The content on the page is easily accessible to the user.